Call Nigeria From USA
Nigeria is a country in West Africa with a population of over 200 million people. It is a popular tourist destination, and many people from the USA have friends or family in Nigeria. If you are planning to call Nigeria from the USA, there are a few things you need to know.
Call Nigeria from USA: dialing procedure
To call Nigeria from the USA, you will need to follow these steps:
- Dial the international dialing code for the USA, which is 011.
- Dial the country code for Nigeria, which is 234.
- Dial the area code for the city or region you are calling.
- Dial the phone number of the person you are calling.
For example, to call a phone number in Lagos, Nigeria, you would dial:
011 234 1 444 5555
Call Nigeria from USA: Calling costs
Calling costs from the USA to Nigeria vary depending on your service provider. In general, you can expect to pay around $1 per minute for a standard call. There are also a number of VoIP services that offer cheaper rates like AfriCallShop, a leader of cheap international calls services.
- Time difference: Nigeria is 6 hours ahead of the USA Eastern Time. This means that if it is 10:00 AM in the USA, it is 4:00 PM in Nigeria.
- Common mistakes: There are a few common mistakes to avoid when calling Nigeria from the USA. One common mistake is to forget to dial the international dialing code for the USA. Another common mistake is to dial the country code for Nigeria incorrectly.
Tips for calling Nigeria from the USA
Here are a few tips for calling Nigeria from the USA:
- If you are calling a mobile phone, you will need to dial the + symbol before the country code.
- If you are calling a landline, you do not need to dial the + symbol.
- If you are calling a toll-free number, you will need to dial the 0800 prefix before the number.
- If you are calling a number with a leading zero, you will need to dial the leading zero.
Call Nigeria from USA
Calling Nigeria from the USA is a simple process. By following the steps above, you can easily connect with your friends and family in Nigeria.
n addition to the steps above, there are a few additional things to keep in mind when calling Nigeria from the USA:
- The quality of phone service in Nigeria can vary depending on the region. In some areas, you may experience dropped calls or poor sound quality.
- If you are calling a mobile phone, you may need to dial the carrier’s access code before the phone number.
- If you are calling a toll-free number, you may need to dial the 800 prefix before the number.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your calls to Nigeria are successful and enjoyable.